Friday, July 31, 2009

Rain, Ubuntu and Budokai Tenkaichi 3

The monsoon this year reminds me of partial fractions," everywhere but nowhere".lol. It's raining, but it's not the sort of rain which makes people watch Sun news all evening, hoping for a holiday. It's the sort of rain which makes the school ground just wet enough for principal to declare the ground as "unfit and dangerous" for pt.

School is EXTREMELY boring these days. There is very little to do and very little to learn. The only reason I still go to school is for attendance. Lack of pt periods just makes things worse.

I still can't figure out why school uses Windows instead of ubuntu. I think it has got something to do with c++ compilers for ubuntu. Surely, they have at least ONE c++ compiler for ubuntu. Ubuntu is much fun. It's slick and fast. The problem with ubuntu is file compatibility, and of course installation.Thing is the layman simply cannot install even the simplest of software on ubuntu. Plus, most people don't make software compatible with ubuntu. But trust me once you get used to it, ubuntu is great fun. You can download it from http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download or get it shipped for FREE!.You can even choose to install ubuntu as a windows application.That way you can check it out without losing any of your data. If any of you manage to install pcsx2 on ubuntu please tell me. I'm having a very very hard time doing it.

The reason I want pcsx2 for linux is Budokai Tenkaichi 3. It's loads of fun if you get good frame rates.Try downloading the BT3 image from piratebay follow instructions given in the pcsx2 website. Pcsx2 0.9.6 works perfectly on windows (well almost), but windows is pretty slow. Not because I can't maintain my computer, windows is just simply slower than ubuntu.

If you have any idea how to install pcsx2 on ubuntu send a mail to swaroop551992@gmail.com
(I know no one is going to read this, it doesn't matter)

2 comments:

Shyamalee said...

I read. but i have no idea what u r talking about. :P

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!